Welcome to WHOA, where we offer a range of group psychotherapy services to support individuals from all walks of life. Our highly trained and experienced therapists specialize in working with adolescents, LGBTQIA+ individuals, parents, teachers, and those seeking gender affirmation support. Group therapy can be an effective and transformative way to address a wide range of emotional and psychological concerns.
- Adolescents can benefit from group therapy as they navigate the challenges of growing up and developing their sense of self.
- LGBTQIA+ individuals can find support and connection in a safe and accepting environment among others who understand their experiences.
- Parents can receive support and guidance from other parents as they navigate the complexities of parenting and maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Teachers can find relief and support as they cope with the demands of their profession and manage stress.
- Those seeking gender affirmation support can explore their gender identity and expression in a supportive and empowering group setting.
By coming together in a supportive and non-judgmental environment, individuals can work through their challenges, develop new coping skills, and build meaningful connections with others.
Group Psychotherapy Approaches
At WHOA, we utilize several approaches to group therapy, ensuring that we can tailor our services to meet the unique needs of each individual. Some of these approaches include the following.
- Psychodynamic: This approach focuses on unconscious conflicts and early childhood experiences as they relate to current relationships and behavior.
- Cognitive-behavioral: This approach focuses on identifying and changing negative thoughts and behaviors in a supportive group setting.
- Humanistic: This approach emphasizes empathy, compassion, and self-exploration to help individuals achieve greater self-awareness and personal growth.
- Interpersonal: This approach focuses on improving communication skills and resolving conflicts in relationships within the group setting.
- Solution-focused: This approach focuses on finding practical solutions to present problems rather than exploring past events or unconscious thoughts.
- Experiential: This approach involves active participation and experimentation in order to explore and change patterns of behavior and thought.
- Family systems: This approach views individuals within the context of their family and other interpersonal relationships, and works to improve relationships within the group setting.
At our facility, individuals from all walks of life can find support and guidance through group therapy in Hopewell, VA. Whether you are a teenager facing challenges, an LGBTQIA+ individual seeking connection, a parent navigating the complexities of parenting, a teacher seeking relief from professional demands, or a person seeking support for gender affirmation, our group therapy services are here to help.
WHOA can help with your insurance questions and have qualified, licensed providers with a range of experience and backgrounds to help clients heal. With services via Telehealth and in-person, we are able to meet your needs no matter where you are. In addition to group therapy we offer the following services.
- Mental health skill building
- Equine therapy program
- Psychiatric services
- Cognitive Evaluations
- Treatment for SAIOP
- Intensive in-home
- Crisis stabilization
- Biodynamic craniosacral therapy
- Outpatient services
To learn more about our group therapy services and how we can help support you on your journey, please contact us today. Our dedicated and compassionate team is here to help you every step of the way.